We hopped on a plane straight to Toronto, Canada to meet some of our clients and partners, as well as to attend the Collision Conference. As partners, we were thrilled to showcase our services and expertise at our booth, E107, throughout the four-day event. We went prepared with cool merchandising, games, and success stories to share with the 40,000 attendees!
A few highlights of the event:
- 🎤 4 stages with high-quality talks with some of the biggest names in the tech industry that encompassed a wide variety of topics across technology.
- 👥 40,000 attendees—118 countries, 41% women attendees, 1,497 startups, 865 investors.
- 🗣 Variety of activities: talks, workshops, panels, and networking events.
Our booth at Collision
Having a booth of your company gives you infinite possibilities to present your services and value proposition in a way that stands out and helps recordation. For us, it was an unforgettable experience that lead to numerous interesting talks and meeting curious minds.
As a Flutter Agency, we were excited to showcase our expertise in Flutter Development at the event. We had the opportunity to share our success stories and demonstrate our skills to potential partners.
Main topics about app development
Some topics that rose to the top in conversations about multiplatform app development were:
- Cross-platform development is a smart choice for businesses: the advantages of cross-platform development are impressive, and they're not just hype. Flutter offers companies a competitive edge in terms of efficiency and performance.
- Migrating native apps to cross-platform is a trend: businesses of all sizes are migrating their native apps to Flutter because it's a smart decision that saves them time and budget.
- Uruguay is a thriving tech hub: AKA The Silicon Valley of South America, Uruguay is a thriving tech hub for US and Canadian businesses that are looking to outsource their software development projects. The country has a highly skilled workforce, same time zone, and a pro-business government.
Check out this video that sums up Uruguay's benefits for outsourcing nearshore software development.
The talks: Technology Trends
At Collision, we had the chance to attend talks by industry experts from all over the world. These are the highlights from the conference:
- Emerging technologies: speakers discussed how these technologies are changing the way we work, learn, and interact with the world around us. They also explored the challenges and opportunities that these technologies present for businesses and individuals.
- Artificial Intelligence: experts talked about how AI is being used to solve some of the world's biggest problems. We were presented with the potential risks of AI, such as job displacement and bias.
- Cybersecuity: the talks showcased the latest threats to cybersecurity, such as ransomware and data breaches. They also discussed how businesses and individuals can protect themselves from these threats.
- Sustainability and ethics in technology: an emerging topic was the environmental impact of technology and how we can make it more sustainable. There was an interesting discussion about the ethical challenges of technology, such as the use of AI for surveillance and the spread of misinformation.
Networking: it’s all about meeting people
Networking at Collision was a highlight of the event. We met so many brilliant minds in the tech industry and had the opportunity to exchange knowledge and learn from their experiences. We even made some lifelong connections!
Aside from the main event, we also attended after-hours networking events where we enjoyed great conversations over good food and drinks. They were set in strategic points through Toronto, so we could also meet some of the city's gems.
Watch a video summing up our experience there:
In-person meetings with partners
Traveling is a must for us to keep our relationship with partners and clients as close as we can. This trip wasn't an exception. We had the chance to get together and visit some of them and exchange beautiful moments that strengthen our relationship. We had a blast!
Tips for attending Collision in the future
Here are some tips on how to get the most out of the Collision Conference:
✅ Wear comfortable shoes. Don't let your choice of shoes prevent you from walking around and meeting new people, as you'll be on your feet a lot.
✅ Plan ahead. The conference is huge, so it's important to plan ahead and decide which sessions you want to attend. You can also use the Collision Conference app to find speakers and events that are relevant to your interests.
✅ Bring business cards. This is a networking event, so make sure you bring plenty of business cards. You'll want to have something to give to the people you meet. Make sure to add QR codes to be connected on LinkedIn as well.
✅ Be prepared to talk about your company. People will be asking you about your company, so be prepared to give a brief overview of what you do. You should also have some talking points ready about your products or services.
✅ Be open to new ideas. The conference is a great opportunity to learn about new trends and meet new people. Be open to new ideas and don't be afraid to ask questions.
To sum up
Collision 2023 was an unforgettable experience. We had the opportunity to showcase our services and expertise, connect with industry experts, and explore Canada. It was a great way to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and connect with potential clients and partners. We can't wait for the next one!